This Chorizo Shakshuka is a breakfast of champions, a meal for those who made their best on their night out, a dish for the braves who change their sausages and cipolatas for the intense flavour of chorizo. If you are one of them, this Chorizo Shakshuka is for you and we have good news: you can have it in less than 30 minutes because we make the hard job of cooking the shakshuka sauce.
How to make Chorizo Shakshuka
INGREDIENTS (Serves 1)
- 1 Jar of FENNEC Shakshuka Sauce
- Some fresh chorizo (I use Sainsbury’s mini chorizos. They are great!)
- 1 egg
- 3 slices of some good toasted bread
To make this Chorizo Shakshuka, cut the chorizos in halves, quarter or slices, put a bit of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chorizos. Once the mini chorizos are cooked, put them on a plate with a kitchen towel to remove the excess of fat.
Warm the content of a Shakshuka Fennec jar in an cast iron pan, medium-high fire for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the shakshuka sauce is hot, make some space for the egg, crack it and add it to the sauce.
Add the chorizos and cover the pan with a lid. Cook the shakshuka until the whites are done and the yolk have the texture you desire. Toast the bread, rub a clove of garlic on both sides and pour some extra virgin olive oil over the bread.
Once the egg is cooked, add some salt and black pepper to it and serve immediately.
- If you want some more extra flavour in your shakshuka, fry the chorizos in the cast iron pan then add the shakshuka . Please, notice you will gain extra flavour but some extra calories as well.
- To compensate the strong flavour of this Chorizo Shakshuka we suggest to serve it with a kind of Israeli salad on the side.