I’m back with another recipe so easy to make I should be ashamed of publishing it. But I can’t help it. Shakshuka with Chipolatas is a classic for me, one of those dishes I always suggest alongside Shakshuka with Chorizo or with Feta Cheese. You don’t need fussy ingredients or special skills, and the hard job -to cook the Shakshuka sauce- is already made by us. However, if you feel confident and want to impress, you must try our Shakshuka Toast with Poached Egg & Chipolata. It depends on how inspired you wake up.
In certain parts of the Maghreb it’s very common to have Shakshuka with Merguez, a spicy sausage made with beef, lamb or a mixture of both meats with an intense cumin and chili flavour. Merguez sausages are difficult to find in regular supermarkets and shops so we’re substituting them for Chipolatas but you can use any sausage you love. Anyway, if you fancy to add Merguez to your Shakshuka, you can get the sausages from Farmison & Co.
How to make Shakshuka with Chipolatas
INGREDIENTS (Serves 1)
- 1 jar of FENNEC Shakshuka Sauce
- 1 egg
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh parsley or coriander to garnish
- To make Shakshuka with Chipolatas start by frying the sausages in a pan with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Warm the content of your jar of FENNEC medium-high fire. When the Shakshuka sauce is hot, reduce the fire to medium, add the chipolatas, add the egg and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook your Shakshuka until the white is done and the egg yolk has the texture you like. Sprinkle some chopped parsley or coriander and serve immediately.